Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Post July Surgery Status

Thank goodness I write all my passwords down. It's been a while since I posted, so I needed to look it up. I had a 7 hour long reconstructive surgery on July 17th in Cleveland to repair the leaking JPouch. My doctor ended up removing the pouch completely and created a new one, using that much more of my small bowel. The surgery itself was a success. It's a month later, and I'm so much further along then I was back in February. There have been a few bumps in the road. The day after I got my staples out, my incision opened. Very scary to look down and see a gaping hole. It still hasn't completely closed, limiting much of my activities. I also have been getting dizzy spells upon standing. Seems I am anemic, so trying to amp up the iron in my diet. Right now the take down surgery is scheduled for October 17th. I first will need to have a pouch exam to make sure there are no leaks and then I'll be good to go. My diet is going to forever be a challenge to see what foods agree with me and which do not. I will have a short bowel for the rest of my life, it will be a challenge. I plan to get back to running as soon as I can after the October surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment